Wednesday, February 27, 2013

An Update on the 13

Hello Universe, I got out of bed at 7:30 this morning and got outside about 10 minutes later. It was great not needing a hat and scarf, but still a little chilly. I started my walk from my building and made it down to the park pretty quickly. My normal walk run route has been a bit adjusted due to some high water rushing over part of the trail, but no matter. So I walked my still sleepy butt to the head of the trail side, changed over from Elliott in the Morning on I<3Radio to Armin Van Buren channel on Pandora. And then I started running, I made it to the rocky part of the trail and softly stepped through, then started running agin. This time I made it to the top of the hill and walked up a couple steps, then finished running. After walking the loop that runs along route 50, I turned back into the steep dip and engaged my legs walking down. I ran through a couple more tree to sign spots and walked back up the parking lot hill and back home. I got 4300 steps in 35-40 minutes, so not too shabby.

Current Status Update
January - PCMA 5K Fun Run - Done
Febuary - Pacers Love the Run You're With - Done - 40:18
Also Cupid's Undie Run - Done and Raised $700.00 for a Great Cause!

March 9, 2013 - Four Courts Four Miler
So I've signed up for this with my friend Beth O'Brien, currently training for her 5th marathon and running her 11th 1/2 marathon in the middle of her training for S&Gs - crazy girl. She's totally convinced me that I will be able to run this race and while I'm not sure I'll finish in anything other than last, I'm willing to give it a shot. This will be the longest distance so far and a good building point if I'm actually going to try a 1/2 by the end of the year. Is it wong that I actually figure there's not that much of a difference between 3.1 and 4 miles? And that I'm actually dreading the 2nd half of this race that is basically up a 2 mile hill? But the fact that there is a mug of guinness waiting for me at the end is keeping my reserve. I'd put the link in, but apparently the race sold out...so here's hoping I'm not #1200 of 1200.

April 21, 2013 - The Parkway Classic 5K
There is also a 10 miler, and while I want to increase the mileage, that might be a bit much for me. http://bit.ly/shannons4

May 4, 2013 - The Hero Rush
This is an obstacle course themed around firefighter challenges. It's supposedly not as muddy as the mudruns I did in 2011, but still a big challenge and a lot of fun!
Join my team "Team Chiefy" and use this code: TEAM15 for 15% off. http://bit.ly/shannons5, then click on Register Now.  My heat is sold out at 10:00 a.m., but I'm sure we'd meet up before/after if anyone is still interested.

June - TBD

July - LouziLu
This is a ladies-only MUD run! So psyched that I came upon Erin Jackson's note on FB about doing her first Mud Run event...and psyched that I get to check off a ladies race that sounds like SO MUCH FUN! I've joined the Dirt Diggers team, and apparently all friends of friends are welcome. 9:45 a.m. wave. And the price is $49 from now through April ish, so you've got some time to think about it. :) http://bit.ly/shannon7

August - TBD

September - TBD
I'm hoping to do the biathalon again for Potomac River Runners, but not sure of the date yet.

October - TBD

November - TBD

December - TBD

Baker's Dozen - TBD

No comments:

Post a Comment